When You Accept This Mission!
- You help keep 68 million restaurant takeout containers out of the YYC landfill this year.
- Only 9% of plastics in Canada gets recycled.
- 15% of methane emissions in landfills come from single-use containers. You can change that!
- Styrofoam containers will be banned in Canada by the end of 2022. Several cities like Vancouver have already implemented the ban due to the impact on the environment in production and disposal as well as certain health risks.
- Most compostable containers in the market don’t break down in the amount of time it takes to process them so they go to the landfill.
- Any shiny lined paper takeout container product cannot be composted.
#TuckInYourCape #ZeroWasteTakeout #YYCFoodie. #Reusables. #YYCTakeout. #ZeroWaste