Last updated: Nov 12, 2021
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
Section 1: Personal data
Personal data is information collected that might be used to identify you as a person. At Earthware, this might include:
- basic personal information, including your name and contact information;
- credit card information;
- any feedback you provide regarding our products and services which may have content which includes your Data;
- other information we may collect while you use our website and services,
Personal Data does not include any publicly available information or aggregate information that cannot be connected to you individually.
Section 2: Collection of information
Some of the information you provide to us, including your Personal Data, will be provided by you directly through forms you will complete on our website, or questions we will ask you to answer. You may choose which information you want to disclose, but if you refuse to provide requested information, there may be services that you will be unable to use.
During your use of our Site and your communication with us, we may collect and store anonymous information (“Automatic Information”) about you using various technologies including, without limitation, Cookies, which are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored on your device with which you access the Site, and Internet tags. Some of this information is automatically transmitted to us through your browser, such as the URL of the most recently visited web page, the date of the visit and the browser version that your computer uses, and the date of visit. We only collect information through clear, fair and lawful means.
Section 3: Use of your information
We will tell you why your personal information is collected and how it will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below, we will tell you before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purpose of:
- communicating with you generally
- creating a membership account with us and maintaining your membership with us, including providing you with access to portions of our Site
- processing your purchases or use of our services
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- protecting against fraud or error
- providing product and services requested by you
- recommending products and services that Earthware believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- performing statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of this site so as to improve design and navigation and to gather marketing information. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose
- complying with legal and governmental requirements
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you
We’ll use your data respectfully, for specific reasons described above or explained when you provide your information. We will never sell your data – for any reason.
In addition to the information uses above, the Automatic Information collected may be used to, among other things:
- monitor characteristics of and statistics on usage of our Site;
- refine our Site’ features and functionality; and
- collect information about browsing and refine your experience when you use the Site, (e.g. Cookies allow us to adjust our Site to meet your personal browsing preferences. If your browser is not set to allow Cookies, you may not have access to all areas or features of the Site.).
To accomplish any of the purposes listed below, we may combine your Personal Data, Automatic Information, and non-personal information collected through your use of our Services. This information may be used in a variety of ways which are in keeping with the intent behind the collection of information. For instance, your Data collected for:
Section 4: Disclosure of your information
Earthware will sometimes share your information with others. However, this is only done to help us provide services to you; to achieve our business objectives that support your business and our community; or to comply with the law. Wherever possible, we’ll anonymize the data so it’s not directly tied to your personal information. The most common reasons we might share your information with others is:
- Third Party Tools
- To Help with Business Operations
We may disclose your information to our representatives, affiliates, suppliers or other third parties with whom we do business (our “Business Partners”) when it is deemed necessary for our business operations. For example, from time to time, we may engage companies or individuals for certain services on our behalf including, without limitation, conducting audits, performing legal services, processing credit card payments, collecting feedback, utilizing data to improve our marketing or Services, and providing customer service. Our Business Partners and any other third-party service providers will only have incidental access to your Personal Data to the extent required to perform their services. They are prohibited from the use of your Personal Data for any purpose other than assisting with our business operations.
- Safety and Security
We may disclose your information as necessary to protect the safety or security of other users of our Services, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behaviour, or when otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Transfer or Sale
- Legal Requirement
We may disclose your information, if required, to:
- supervisory authorities, tax authorities, police and other regulatory authorities as required by law or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legally valid inquiry or order; and
- to either prevent/minimize a criminal offense or to protect a person’s rights and personal and or financial health.
Section 5: Protecting, retaining and storing your information
We take steps to safeguard your Personal Data for as long as it’s needed, in a location that reflects the locations of our systems and those of our service providers. By using our Site or our services, you’re agreeing to your data being stored both in Canada and elsewhere in the world.
In order to help prevent unauthorized access to and maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of your Personal Data, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic (e.g. SSL (secure socket layer) server authentication) and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect in relation to our Services. While we will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Data secure we cannot guarantee that (i) despite our best effort your information will remain private, (ii) the information you transmit to us over the Internet will not be intercepted, (iii) any third party’s system (e.g. ticketing, payment or other platforms) will appropriately safeguard any information you provide over such system.
To help prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Data you are responsible for keeping any membership code and password (collectively, “ID”) that you receive upon signing up, for use on any Site or in conjunction with our Services, private and confidential. You are solely responsible for preventing the unauthorized use of your ID. If you suspect that your information has been compromised or that your account has been accessed without your consent, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
We may store your Personal Data from the date of collecting such information for (i) as long as necessary to provide you our Services, or (ii) to comply with governmental requirements, whichever is longer.
Section 6: Electronic communications
If you communicate with us, you’re consenting to us communicating with you.
Should you submit an inquiry through our Site, or otherwise communicate with us electronically, you consent to us responding to such inquiries electronically or as otherwise required.
Section 7: Accessing and modifying your personal information
You can ask us to provide you information about what data we have about you, and take steps to correct any information that isn’t up to date.
We want to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know. At any time, you may request access to your Personal Data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time period, and process it as appropriate under applicable law. Your request may be subject to a processing fee as allowed under law.
Section 8: Changes to this policy